Monday, September 3, 2007
Bigger = Better
Ok, so I don't have a pretty picture to post right now, I have several in mind but all need some editing before I will be happy with them. I am writing however after reading bttrflykissezzzz post about size not mattering. Her and I constantly fight over how good her Sony DSC-W50 is and it looks like she decided to bring the fight to the net. Now I'm not trying to say Sony, or any compact camera is bad, not at all, in fact they are great cameras, easy to take around and give you very good pictures. I do not believe that they are very good at getting a picture how you imagine it being taken though. In bttrflykissezzzz case, the SLR battery was dead so of course she should use the Sony, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, but when I go to take a picture of something, I want the feel of a nice solid steady camera in my hands, I don't want to feel like I'm taking a picture with a credit card. When using a compact camera, you are saying... 'ok camera, I want you to make all the picture decisions for me.' If you are just trying to take a picture of the sights on your vacation, this may be perfectly fine, it's not like your going to go back and frame at that picture of Hanks Burn and Chill Grill in your living room, but if I'm going to take a picture of something I have seen in my mind already, I would never want to be stuck with a compact camera. I think bttrflykissezzzz would agree with me that there is a major difference in your mindset, performance and picture quality when using the SLR vs. Compact camera, in fact I don't think there are very many people if any at all that disagree with me on that matter, but the blatant attack on SLR cameras with the previous post needed a rant to defend the good name and reputation of SLR's everywhere.
Labels:
Bigger = Better,
Compact Cameras,
Defend SLR,
Digital Cameras,
DSLR,
Size Does Matter,
SLR,
Sony,
sony DSC-W50,
W50
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment